|Nobel Prize 2016|
The Nobel Prize is a set of annual international awards bestowed in Chemistry, Literature, Peace, Physics, and Physiology or Medicine categories by Swedish and Norwegian institutions. The will of the Swedish inventor Alfred Nobel established the prizes in 1895. The prizes in were first awarded in 1901. Following are the Nobel prize winner for the year 2016
- The Nobel Prize in Physics 2016 is given to David J. Thouless, F. Duncan M. Haldane and J. Michael Kosterlitz for theoretical discoveries of topological phase transitions and topological phases of matter.
- The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2016 is given to Jean-Pierre Sauvage, Sir J. Fraser Stoddart and Bernard L. Feringa for the design and synthesis of molecular machines.
- The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2016 is given to Yoshinori Ohsumi for his discoveries of mechanisms for autophagy.
- The Nobel Peace Prize 2016 is given to Juan Manuel Santos for his resolute efforts to bring the country's more than 50-year-long civil war to an end.
- The Nobel Prize in Literature 2016 is given to Bob Dylan for having created new poetic expressions within the great American song tradition.
- The Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences 2016 is given to Oliver Hart and Bengt Holmström for their contributions to contract theory.