Indian Geography Questions Quiz
1. How much is the area of India ?
(A) 32,87,263 sq. km
(B) 99,76,140 sq. km
(C) 95,97,000 sq. km
(D) 31,40,200 sq. km
2. Which is the southern-most point of India ?
(C) Indira point
3. From economic point of view, the most important rocks are—
4. The stretch of the Himalayas between the Indus and the Sutlej rivers is called
(A) The Assam Himalayas
(B) The Punjab Himalayas
(C) The Nepal Himalayas
(D) The Kumaon Himalayas
5. The flood plain along river banks formed by newer alluvium is called—
6. Which river is known as the 'Sorrow of Bihar' ?
7. In which state are the Mahadeo hills located ?
(C) Madhya Pradesh
8. The 'Kalabaisakhis' originate during—
(A) Winter season
(B) Rainy season
(C) Period of retreating monsoon
9. What type of forests are the 'Sunderbans' ?
(A) Tidal forests
(B) Monsoon forests
(C) Tropical Evergreen forests
(D) Temperate Evergreen forests
10. The 'Regur' soil is—
(A) Red soil
(B) Black soil
(C) Alluvial soil
(D) None of these
1. (A) 2. (C) 3. (A) 4. (B) 5. (B) 6. (A) 7. (C) 8. (D) 9. (A) 10. (B)