World Geography Quiz
31. That layer of the atmosphere, where ozone gas is found—
32. Radiant energy from the sun that strikes the earth is called—
(A) Solar constant
(C) Heat budget
(D) Terrestrial radiation
33. The maximum annual range of temperature occurs over—
(B) Near the equator
(C) Coastal regions
(D) Asia and North America at latitude 60°N
34. Which of the following are horse latitudes ?
(A) 30°to 35°latitudes in both the hemispheres
(B) 10°North latitude
(D) None of the above
35. Which of the following statements is not true ?
(A) When the temperature of air increases, the pressure of air decreases
(B) When the temperature of air decreases, the pressure of air increases
(C) A rising thermometer shows a falling barometer
(D) When air rises, the pressure of air increases
36. Which pair is incorrect ?
(A) Fohn—Dry and warm wind
(B) Chinook —Snow eater
(C) Mistral —Winter season
(D) Bora —North America
37. Which of the following is not a cyclone ?
38. Which one of the following is not erosional landform of wind ?
(C) Mushroom rock
39. In which of the spheres of the atmosphere temperature decreases at the rate of 6.5°centigrade with a height of one thousand metres ?
40. Ratio between water and land on the earth is —
(A) 78 : 22
(B) 71 : 29
(C) 80 : 20
(D) 20 : 80
Previous Page Part: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Page
31. (B) 32. (B) 33. (D) 34. (A) 35. (D) 36. (D) 37. (D) 38. (A) 89. (D) 40. (B)